Toronto is a great city. There’s no doubt about it. So why are more and more people moving into Hamilton condos? Some of these people may be working in Toronto, but they live in Hamilton. So we’re wondering – why?
Ask the residents of Hamilton this question, and you’re likely to hear these answers:
- Houses are more affordable in Hamilton. There’s no going around the fact that buying houses and condos in Toronto is simply more expensive than getting a home in Hamilton. For a lot of people, Toronto housing prices are unaffordable.
- The traffic situation is much better. We all know how bad Toronto traffic can be. The flow of traffic here can make a journey to the supermarket a frustrating stop-and-go trip. That’s often due to bad weather, construction, and the fact that there are too many people in the city.
Going from Square One in Mississauga to the Air Canada Centre should be a 24-minute trip, but it can take you as long as 80 minutes instead. And that’s one reason why people to Hamilton, as it will only take them 45 minutes to get to Toronto. And going around in Hamilton in your car is a breeze—it shouldn’t take you more than 20 minutes to reach any part of the city.
- It’s not as boring as you may think. Many loyal Toronto residents say that their city is certainly more exciting. There’s no argument there. But that doesn’t mean that Hamilton is boring. They have their own share of festivals and concerts, especially during the summer season.
For just the month of September in 2016, you have the James Street Supercrawl with its evening of art and music; the Locke Street Festival with lots of food and live entertainment; Festitalia, the celebration of Italian culture; Pagan Pride Day with its workshops, vendors, and food; the Binbrook Fall Fair with the showcases of brids of prey, farm animals, live entertainment, and the famous Demolition Derby; Telling Tales – A Family Festival of Stories; the 166th Annual Ancaster Fair; The Roots en Route Arts Festival with the performance arts inspired by distant lands; the 2016 AGH BMO World Film Festival.
That’s just one month’s worth of festivals!
- The locals are much friendlier too. Of course, people from the US remark on just how friendly most Canadians are, compared to where they come from. But the people in Hamilton are by and large much more engaging. That makes it easy for you to enjoy all these festivals, because you can easily make friends when you move in.
- Everything you need from a modern city can also be found in Hamilton. You have fresh produce, great coffee shops, convenient malls, and spacious parks that may be right outside your condo. Even if you’re an art lover or a museum fan, you’ll find your share of places to visit here.
So why put up with Toronto when you don’t have to (or can’t afford to)? With the right Hamilton condos, you can find a place where you can live near your workplace or school, near shops, and near parks. Everything’s right here.